12 medjool dates, pitted and chopped
1 cup sour almond milk (see note)
1/2 cup applesauce
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 cups white whole wheat flour
1/2 cup almond meal
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 12 oz package frozen raspberries
1. Defrost raspberries 3-5 minutes in microwave until raspberries are somewhat thawed but still firm.
2. Using a blender, puree dates, sour almond milk, applesauce and vanilla.
3. Combine flour, almond meal, baking soda and salt.
4. Stir date mixture into dry ingredients.
5. Gently fold in raspberries.
6. Spray muffin pan with cooking spray. Spoon batter into pan.
7. Bake at 400° F for 25 minutes.
Note: To make 1 cup sour almond milk, simply put 1 T. apple cider vinegar in a measuring cup and add almond milk to make 1 cup total liquid.
Serving size: 1 muffin.
Total Fat 1.26g
Saturated Fat 0.08g
Total Carbohydrates 31.81g
Fiber 2.53g 10%
Protein 2.53g 5%